For our God is a consuming fire.

-Hebrews 12:29


generated by sloganizer.net

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Blessings, Bounty & Crap

I have been blessed with another yoga teaching gig; this time in my *almost* backyard. The Alexandria YMCA branch is looking to expand its yoga offerings and have decided to employ lil'ole'me to ramp up the expansion. Starting in April, there will be a new Saturday morning Open To All class at the Monroe Avenue Y. Come one, come all!

I think that's going to do it for new yoga teaching pursuits. With a full time job and teaching 3 classes per week, I'm keeping plenty busy. Yes, the schedule is bountifully full. Several recent additions to the calendar sparked an activity review in attempts to weed for clutter. Spring cleaning of the scheduling sort.

That is why I had a hearty guffaw this past Friday while walking the streets of Old Town. In the window display at the Paper Source, I saw this must have item: file folders appropriately labeled for practical and exhibition purposes. I'm sure I could fill a box of these with appropriate content. 200 emails a day? I've got a file for them. Comcast connections down in perpetuity? Let me stick Comcast in its rightful place. Household cleaners filled with crazy contaminents? Well, I guess I'll have to make a trip to the hazardous waste drop-off, but mentally you've been filed away as well.

On that last point, using some coupons for Seventh Generation, I'm pleased to share we're excavating all non-natural cleaners from the abode, and replacing them with natural substances. This is the first step in a stage of "envirofying" our home more thoroughly. The next step will be to reuse the containers for our own homemade cleansers.
We're progressing one step at time on this journey, with as many laughs as we can along the way. Organization systems like this only help the process. File on!

No comments: